When choosing a VPN service you have to ask yourself: what do I need it for? Be as specific as you can in order to get the VPN service that is the most suitable for you.
Here are 10 additional questions you have to answer before making your mind:
1. What VPN servers do you need?
Basically, a VPN service provides a secure and encrypted tunnel between your computer and the company renting the VPN. Thus, when you are connected to such a service, you get the IP address (the identity) of the VPN server.
- If you are located in the US and you want to watch BBC iPlayer or other UK online shows you need to get a VPN account that offers servers located in the UK (a.k.a. UK VPN).
- If you are located outside US and you want to get access to Hulu or Netflix, then VPN services with USA servers are the solution (US VPN).
- If you want to watch Canada TV channels from outside Canada and get access to online video services like Global TV, CTV, Spacecast, TSN, Much Music, City TV, Star TV, CBC, Rogers Sportsnet then you need to choose Canada VPN providers.
- Are you a fan of German online video services (Das Erste, DSF, KI.KA, 3sat, ARTE, NDR). If you are located outside Germany you need a German VPN to get access to these services.
- Is anonymous browsing your primary goal? Then you make sure you get a NL VPN.
2. How much bandwidth do you need every month?
If you are interest in online anonymity and secure browsing then you don’t need more than 10GB per month. But if you need the VPN for watching TV online this is not enough.
Make no compromise! The providers listed on Buy-VPN.com provide unlimited bandwidth and very good speed.
3. PPTP, L2TP/IPSec or Openvpn?
PPTP and L2TP/IPSec are faster than OpenVPN, but less secure. Thus, PPTP is ideal for watching TV and unblocking restricted sites. If you are concerned about your online privacy OpenVPN is the best choice.
4. Do they allow P2P/Torrent traffic?
Do you plan to download files using Bittorrent? Make sure the providers allows P2P (Peer-to-peer) traffic, otherwise you can get suspended and you will not get your money refunded.
5. On what devices do you plan to use the VPN account?
Windows, Mac, Linux, iPhone, iPad, Android? You should check if the VPN service you choose is compatible with your device and tutorials are available.
6. Do the service has a trial or money back guarantee?
Take care of your money! Check out if the providers have a money back guarantee policy. Also you should try the service before you buy if trial accounts are available.
7. Is the payment method convenient for you?
Do you have a PayPal account? Then look for PayPal VPN. Do you prefer Credit cards, Google Checkou, Moneybookers or Liberty Reserve? Check the provider for the available payment options.
8. Is the price good?
The price is always important. The services listed on Buy-VPN.com are not the cheapest available on the market but they offer the best price/quality ratio.
9. Is the VPN service secure?
Normally you want hide your personal information when you are surfing the internet. If the VPN service provider keep a detail log of your surfing, will you continue to use it? So just check out the TOS to see how it said. So secure is not just the data encryption, but the log your use.
10. Is the VPN provider reliable?
All VPN services listed on this site are more than 1 year old and they are well established with thousands of active users. The reviews are generally higher than 4/5 for all providers.