A virtual private network or VPN, whatever you call it, is one and the same thing. It is a solution that establishes secured network connections using VPN protocols. These are normally deployed by organizations instead of individuals as it requires a lot of labor and capital to establish and maintain their functioning.
An organization looking for a secured network infrastructure to serve its client base VPN is the best option to be used.
A personal VPN can be used for increasing online security, unblocking geo-restricted websites, hiding your public IP address. However, a business VPN major advantages are cost-saving and network scalability. Firstly it reduces the extra cost of installing leased telephone lines for communication with the client base. And secondly, the network spread could be increased or decreased as per the requirement of that particular organization.
These are easy to use thus facilitate users with an additional advantage along with the former two.
The major advantages of deploying a VPN are listed below.
- It provides complete wireless local area networking, which in other cases costs at least a hundred times more than this one. VPN replaces the traditionally used T1 lines which are used to assure secured connectivity between the different offices of the same organization at different locations.
- The organizations can have much cheaper local leased lines with the help of VPN to continue working on their already established communication channels.
- Business travelers who want frequent access to their organization network can also use VPN to do the same.
- The maintenance cost of servers is, at least in case of VPN, as there is always a third party to do all that for them in lieu of a specified amount of their fee or charges for rendering their services.
- VPN’s network scalability advantage refers to the situation under which it throws light on the fact that the cost of establishing a dedicated private network by the organization just seems to be a reasonable effort, but gradually as the size of the firm increases, the cost of that private network also increases and that too exponentially. The more the number of branches of the organization the more the number of lines would be required to connect each branch with the main network. It is defiantly going to increase the cost of the organization.
- To avoid such an ever-increasing problem VPN could be installed to create secured and high-speed communication networks within the organization. VPN’s superior reach and high quality of service make it an apt option for far-flung and international locations.